It's been forever since I've remembered to do one of these! I know I've been neglectful over the last few weeks, so I owe you folks a little something. Head on over to Wifey's if you want to get in on this link-up action!
1. What's one thing in this past month that you would have changed? Really, nothing! I had a great January. It was packed, busy, with a number of get-togethers and time with friends/family. I guess if I had to change something, it'd be the part where I got sick. Pregnant + sick = no fun. I hate having to take time off work, when I need to be saving all of my sick days for my maternity leave. Plus, I missed out on three hours of extra (paid) duties that I do at school. Not cool!
2. What was your favorite thing that happened in January? Our trip to California was a whirlwind, but it was great to spend time with my dad, see our friends, and attend an amazing baby shower that a good friend threw me! We have also hit our third trimester, which is exciting and scary all at the same time. Only seventy-eight days until our due date, which is just nuts! Where does the time go?!
3. What are you looking forward to in February? This Saturday we have our 3D/4D ultrasound. I wasn't originally planning to do one, but DH insisted. Since we made the decision to do it (and found a nice "winter special" coupon), I've gotten more and more excited about the idea. I can't wait to "see" our baby and see him/her moving around! DH is already ready for me to pop, although I'm perfectly content with having more time to get things done (at home, at school, in the nursery).
4. What are your plans for Valentine's Day? Nothing. I'm working Student Union, which is one of my paid after school duties. It's a nice way to pick up extra cash and fund the little things we've splurged on (like a new "grown up" washer/dryer with pedestals we bought when we moved into this house). Plus, DH isn't one for holidays and Valentine's Day means little to nothing to me. There's a local pizza shop that makes heart-shaped pies. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up one of those, if I did anything. I'll probably get him a card and leave it at that.
5. What is your best advice for a MilSpouse whose spouse is deployed for Valentine's Day? Treat yourself! Time to get that massage, get a mani/pedi, go out to a nice dinner with friends, or pig out on chocolate while watching that new movie your spouse would never want to sit through.