1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you
plus you MUST create a set of 11 new questions for the 11 people you tag.
[I'm going to cheat and skip those rules. I hope you'll forgive me.]
1. I haven't told you yet about the sizing of military uniforms. It's ridiculous. I call myself "Spongebob ABU Pants" for a reason. I'm normally wear a medium shirt. My ABU top is an eighteen, which is what I was issued at BMT. I've tried smaller sizes, but the smallest one with the arm length I'd need is a 16. I'm not looking forward to paying to have them fitted.
2. After being really successful at BMT, I felt like my first instructor at tech school really didn't like me and I couldn't understand why. I don't think I was that sassy. Eventually, we got a new instructor who I had a much better relationship with.
3. The prior service Airman in my tech school class was a little younger than me. I ended up feeling really competitive in the end and I may have been a little excited when I realized I had pass him up in my test scores. We were neck and neck for Distinguished Graduate.
4. I learned at tech school that volunteering for CQ (12 hour shifts) isn't always a dumb move. I volunteered when leadership was in a pinch and managed to wrangle a 341 that granted me a "No PT" day. I used it on my graduation day, so I could sleep longer and put on makeup.
5. My first choices for AFSCs were Intel, Public Affairs/Historian, and Paralegal. I was also convinced that I wanted to reclass to Military Equal Opportunity (MEO).
6. On a selfish note, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go to Mexico this Christmas on vacation (it's my family's tradition) because of traveling restrictions for military members. This would be the first year in a long time that we've been able to afford it and that we could go together. We'll cross our fingers and hope for the best!
7. The IP Casino in Biloxi, MS (Keesler AFB) has a pizza restaurant that has an amazing scallop appetizer. I miss fresh seafood, especially scallops! The only bummer is that you only get four in the appetizer.
8. Tech school DFACs are some of the best eating you're going to get on a military installation, mark my words. We don't have 1/3 of those options at the Peterson DFAC. Seriously, take advantage and load up! I miss the made-to-order sandwiches and the ice cream bar!
9. I still carry a tech school wallet when I'm in uniform. They're approximately $4 or less and they're a laminated paper-type material with a clear window. SUPER convenient for keeping the bar code of your CAC accessible for dining at the DFAC.
10. I love that I regularly get compliments about my AF hair (in regulation, looks near-perfect, etc.). The impression is worth the effort! Gotta be squared away!
11. If you're going to invest in a nice, tactical backpack, go for the solid black ones. They're cheaper and you can wear them in blues or ABUs. While I am glad I have an ABU one, it sucks having to hand-carry it when I'm in blues.
Mrs. S' Questions
1. What is your favorite season? Living in Colorado, I'd say spring or fall, but I'm leaning towards spring when it starts warming up but before it gets too hot. Spring has the best candy and idea napping weather!
2. What's the best Halloween costume you've ever worn? My mom used to sew my costumes as a child. I really haven't dressed up as an adult, or not that I really remember. One of my favorite costumes was Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, although my mom made the dress in pink because I wanted it pink instead of blue.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing that now? I used to say I wanted to be an art teacher, and while I'm not doing that, I'm still int he teaching field!
4. When is your birthday? December 31st, the last day of the year!
5. Show us something funny.
6. Favorite joke. I'm really not a joke person. I'm failing you, folks!
7. What's in your purse right now? Too much crap! My Erin Condren planner, a flash drive, car keys, school keys, wallet, makeup bag (lip products, blotting papers, floss), gum, pens/pencils/lead/eraser, various scattered business cards, my school access card, school ID card, hand lotion.
8. What time do you usually wake up in the morning? 0530, every morning that I'm teaching. I don't sleep in too late on the weekend these days.
9. Dog or cat person? I'm not opposed to dogs, but I've never owned one. I grew up having cats. We don't have any pets right now.
10. Favorite store? Sephora or The Container Store.
11. What color is your couch? Red!