1. This weekend was the Colfax Marathon - my first half marathon and one of my goals for 2012! I was really nervous going into it because I'd been neglecting my training with my work schedule and I can feel myself getting "soft." Ay, here goes nothing! We were able to enjoy a fabulous weekend up in Denver at a really nice hotel as a part of the package, so I got to sneak in a little bit of shopping (more of the window variety than not).
|My finisher's medal for the Colfax Half.|
Fun moments included running into the parents of one of my students and finally meeting a Twitter friend of mine (and fellow AF Reservist). I feel confident signing up for a half marathon again, after doing so well in my first, although my ultimate goal is running the Air Force Marathon in 2013 with my dad.
2. Perhaps you've spied my official 2012 Milbloggie badge over to the side? Yes, it arrived via email this weekend. Again, THANK YOU to the best readers ever!
3. DH and I are meeting up with an MTI friend of mine on Wednesday for a group dinner and I'm beyond excited. First time seeing him since I've become operational, so I'm looking forward to having a normal conversation that doesn't require a reporting statement or me being at attention.
4. DH started his AT (annual tour/training) this week on base, which is a relief for us as his civilian job hasn't been reliable lately. I'll be joining him a week from tomorrow! I'm eager to begin seasoning training with my wingman and learn all of the functions of my job as a Personnelist.
5. Shout-outs to my FB BMT groups, with whom I have the occasional ooVoo chat! Reminds me of my old days in DEP and ooVooing for hours with my group. I love connecting with my readers! [If you have a ship date and you haven't yet, go search "BMT Your-Month-Here 2012" and link up with others leaving in your month].