1. What is your favorite winter memory? One of my favorite winter memories is being up in Big Bear, CA, at my Grandma's old house. Those were our primary snow experiences, growing up in CA. Her home was warm and cozy, a dark-interiored cabin with lots of antiques, a wood-burning fireplace, and a bowl of nuts for cracking. I remember waking up, peering out the light green gingham curtains in the upstairs bedroom and seeing snow falling softly through the tall pine trees. She had enough land on her properly that this beautiful sight wasn't broken up by the fence or the home of a neighbor. Just beautiful.
2. What is your current favorite TV show? Hmm...I got more than a little excited last night when I saw the 11 minute preview for "Real Housewives of Orange County," although I must say that my current favorite is probably "Property Brothers" on HGTV. I love catching that one when I'm bumming on the couch. Oh, to be in the home buying and renovating position!
3. What was your favorite thing that happened in January? Celebrating my 1st anniversary with the Air Force! The rest of January seems like a blur at this point.
4. What is the best sound in the world to you? Waking up and hearing the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and hearing the shrimp vendors selling their product. Mazatlan, Mexico, naturally!
5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned as a MilSpouse? To pursue your own dreams and recognize when sacrifices need to be made to achieve them. Sometimes you need to put yourself first. Choosing to stay behind in CA while DH went to Korea, North Carolina, and then Afghanistan wasn't easy, but it was the smartest thing we could've done for my career and our financial future.