1. Which was the best day of your life - Wedding day or Homecoming day? submitted by Pink Champagne, Gatorade & MREs I love my husband, but I really want to say neither, like my girl Wookie, but for different reasons. Both of those days were memorable, and I wouldn't change them for a minute, but they weren't end-all-be-all, perfect, best days ever. If the wedding day was perfect, DH would've been wearing something else (he was sweating his balls off in Class As in the Missouri heat) and we would've escaped to a private room and actually gotten to spend the night together and then leave on a honeymoon, which we didn't. Homecoming was picture-perfect, but I'm not ready to call it the best day ever. Wookie has it right - we're too young to limit ourselves by selecting a "best day of your life." I hope there's greatness to come!
2. Were you a part of the joining the military question or did you sign up for the relationship when your man was already in the military? submitted by Cammo Style Love Yes and no! DH was a prior service Marine when I met him, but had been out for a couple of years. He kicked around the idea of re-enlisting when we were dating, and I supported him 100%, just like he supports my enlistment. We actually didn't discuss a whole lot, because he doesn't have to argue his point with me. We've always supported each other's dreams, as cheesy as it sounds.
3. What is your favorite Disney movie and why? submitted by Raising Roscoe My favorite as a child was always Sleeping Beauty. My mom made me Aurora's dress for Halloween, but in pink rather than in blue! :) I loved the imagery in that movie, and Flora, Fauna, and Meriweather! I don't consider myself a princess-y type though, not by far.
4. What is your favorite family activity to do on the weekends? submitted by Destination: RN! DH and I haven't had a lot of expendable cash for a while now, so our favorite low-buck activities have been going for rides on our [motorcycle] bikes and snuggling on the couch, watching movies.
5. Where do you secretly wish you could be stationed with you/your SO’s line of work (realistically speaking, not everyone can be stationed on NAS Fiji)? submitted by Wookie & Co. His job can be done anywhere. I was always wishing for Carson, but I would love to be stationed OCONUS in a foreign country. Korea's at the top of my list, since I missed out when DH was there back in 2008-2009.