One of Trinnie's favorite blogs is Budgets Are Sexy, written by the witty Mr. J. Money. He started doing a financial meme recently, so I figured what the hell! Let's jump on in!
- What was your stupidest money mistake this week? Nothing, honestly. I haven't spent any money this week (since we don't have any). We have a few bills coming up that I've been anticipating and DH's paychecks don't come on set days.
- What was your best? Canceling daily newspaper delivery service and taking it down to Sundays only - I need my coupons! Also, participating in open enrollment at work! I was able to get a nice life insurance policy for less than $9 a month (gotta supplement SGLI!), and sign the family up for dental insurance ($35/mo for the family versus $31/mo for DH's daughter only with Tricare Reserve? That's a no brainer.).
- How long would it take you to save an *extra* $1,000? I can't even conceive of it right now, since we're stretched so thin. I'm thankful for every month that we're able to pay all of our bills and eat.
- What ever happened to Steve Urkel? Good question! I used to watch Family Matters all the time when I was younger.
- Who is sexier: Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey? Definitely Dave Ramsey. Older, bald, and blue eyes? Sounds like my husband!