Yay for Friday! Head over to Wifey's to grab the questions and link up!
1. What romance movie scene reminds you of your s/o or spouse and the LOVE you share? submitted by Simply Sunshine and Daisy’s Well, I didn't want to pull a Megan Dub-Yuh (love you girl!) and not have an answer for this question, so I thought for a while about which movie couple reminded me of DH and I. I've got it though - Overboard, with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn! I can't pick a specific scene, but I think the dynamic in general is similar to our relationship/love. Don't think about the pre-accident Goldie Hawn character though, as it's definitely not me. He's a little rough around the edges, hard-headed, but loving and caring underneath, and great with kids. She's opinionated, outspoken, creative, and hard working. Plus, they're crazy about each other, even though they drive each other crazy in the process. "Arturo!"
2. If you were allowed to deploy with your husband to a war zone would you and why? submitted by I & J Yes, since I'll be military myself soon. We don't have any children (well, DH's daughter doesn't live with us yet), and I didn't enlist to sit around and look cute in the uniform. If duty calls, duty calls, although I wonder if I'd be a distraction for him. He likes to focus his attention on his work.
3. Have you ever done anything (intentionally, or unintentionally) to embarrass your spouse/significant other in front of his military cohorts? submitted by Marrying the Navy Never. I'm not a drinker, so there's no worry of that. I present myself well in front of others, and I reign in the crazy in appropriate situations. :)
4. What is your most irrational fear? submitted by Eights on the Move I'm going to copy my girl Megan on this one and say failure. I feel that I've accomplished a lot, especially when it comes to academics and my career, but I worry about our financial status - will we have enough to retire? Will we ever own a home anytime soon? I also let my fertility challenges/issues bother me too much, even now when I'm focusing my energies on the Air Force. As for short term goals, I worry about failure when it comes to successfully completing BMT, especially the physical fitness tests. I just hope I'm preparing myself well enough!
5. If you could only live in one kind of climate for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? submitted by Many Waters It's really hard to beat the Mediterranean climate of California, although I'm not racing to move back there. I've always wanted to live here in Colorado, and I'm glad I'm here. It's been a pretty mild winter out here, and we haven't gotten enough rain. It'd be nice to have a rainy day sometime, as opposed to a snowy day. It's warming up though (aside from the wind), and I'm loving spring time!
Beth @ An Expeditionary Family is hosting the MilSpouse Weekly Roundup!