Monday, February 21, 2011
1. This three day weekend is coming to a close, and I'm definitely ready for a weekend to recover from my weekend! Noelle, my milspouse BFF, came to visit me this weekend, so we were constantly out and about, seeing the sites. I took her to Rudy's BBQ, the USAFA Cadet Chapel, Garden of the Gods, Cowboy's, the Olympic Training Center, Cripple Creek, my school, and the local outlet mall. Busy weekend! It was so great to see her, and we even did my morning runs together! I can only hope that one day they find their way back to Carson - c'mon CAB unit!
2. With all of the contests I've been entering lately, I finally won something! Adrienne @ Right Here, Right Now had a great giveaway of a complete design suite from Mismikado Creations. I'm really thankful, since I know my little ol' site here could use a proper design/layout and button. I'm envision trees and military branch logos, but I don't want to stifle her creativity either. Thank you Adrienne and Mismikado!
3. DH starts school a week from today! He's decided to use his GI Bill to work on a degree in Criminal Justice while he waits for the law enforcement academy to begin later this summer. He's been really proactive lately, and I'm thankful for that. This is a new journey for him, as he hasn't been in school in over a decade. All of those little things that we learned over time (like buying books online), he doesn't know about. I'm a little concerned about how he'll budget his time for studying and homework, since he tends to have a short attention span, but we'll see! With him taking math, he's got a built-in tutor at home. :)
4. I love short work weeks and I have a lot less stress going into this week, since I don't have as many IEPs as I did last week. It's nice to be able to breathe, and to better prepare for the onslaught of IEPs that are coming my way in March/April. It'll be nice to get more quality time in this week, either at the gym or with DH at home. I've been neglecting the poor guy for a little while now!
5. Murphy tried to go and ruin a perfectly good weekend on Saturday. Just as Noelle and I were driving into Garden of the Gods, my car started making some horrible noises. I was getting more anxious, stressed out, and worried. I could just see this happening to us now, just as we're about to get our tax returns, which we've earmarked for other things. I told DH that if a repair costed more than $1000, I was done. I'm tired of dumping money into my car (it got a new transmission over the summer too) and we're at 204k miles, so it's not like I haven't gotten a lot of use out of it. We have DH's old truck in our driveway, so I have a vehicle if anything happens to mine. Luckily, DH did some research and fixed it himself, and we only had to pay $200 for the necessary part. Disaster averted! We definitely can't afford a new car right now, and I am not in any rush to get a new one.
I hope everyone else's weeks are starting off well! Wishing I could sleep in again tomorrow!