Friday, December 17, 2010
If you'd like to participate in the Friday Fill-In, head over to Wifey's. Heidi @ Empty Nest, PCS and All the Rest is hosting MWR this week.
1. What is the best gift you have ever received or given? from Jessica Lynn Writes The best gift I've ever been given was my sewing machine, a '64 Bernina 730 Record, which was the last gift my mother gave me before she died [that picture is not mine, but it's what it looks like]. My mom was the one who taught me the basics of sewing, but that Bernina and I learned the rest, together. I treasure that big, heavy old machine. It was built to last and it performs beautifully. Modern machines are all plastic - this thing is completely made of steel. I've done a lot of sewing on that machine and it is priceless to me because of my mom.
2. Do you celebrate holidays differently when your loved one is deployed/gone or do you keep tradition? from The Albrecht Squad I try to proceed as planned. My family goes to Mexico every year (typically Mazatlan), because my grandparents have timeshare down there. We've been doing it since I was young, so it feels weird not to be in Mexico over the holidays. The only time recently where DH's location changed my plans was right before his last deployment. I came out to NC to spend my winter break with him, knowing that it'd be one of the last chunks of time before he left for Afghanistan. This year he's not going with me to Mexico, since he'll be trucking. It's a disappointment for the both of us, since this is the first year he's been in country and able to go, yet work is keeping him away, again. The first and last time he went was in 2005. He's LONG overdue.
3. If you celebrate Christmas, do you put an angel, star or something else on the top of your tree? I have a vintage red plastic light-up star with glitter on it.
4. What are your three favorite websites? Google Reader, Facebook, Twitter. I get to lump all of the blogs I read under Google Reader. :)
5. On your man do you prefer… boxers, briefs or boxer briefs? Or commando? (yeah, I’m starting to get desperate for questions!) Boxer briefs!
As for the MilSpouse Weekly Roundup, I chose the update about DH's bonus and my experience with the recruiter.